emilyisasecret facebookemilyisasecret twitteremilyisasecret youtubeemilyisasecret flickremilyisasecret tumblremilyisasecret formspring

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Dos and Don'ts of a first date:

Here are some Do's and Don'ts to help you out on your next first date. Maybe even the second one.

- Don't get your hair cut the day of or day before the date. Even if you have been going to the same hairdresser for years, it takes one mishap for you to look totally different and I'm not saying it would be a bad different, but I wouldn't take the chance.

- Don't shave your face. I know we've went over this before, facial hair is totally in now anyways, not a bazillion razor blade cuts. Ladies however, Do shave. That doesn't mean you put out on the first date, that just means you are a clean human being.

- Don't see a movie.

- I know fellas its hard, but try not to do anything too traditional. I know its a safe bet picking dinner at a restaurant but if you really like the girl, chances are you know what she likes and you should definitely play into it and find something interesting she would like to do. NOT SOMETHING TOO CRAZY, just something different. Some ideas? Picnics, star gazing, paint together, something I don't care. I just don't want to be stuck in a dark theater where I cant face you and get to know you better or in a public restaurant where I know blondie over there can hear our whole conversation.

- Ladies, Do order water.

- Don't order the most expensive thing on the menu because the guy is a tool.

- Do NOT under any circumstances talk about children unless either one of you has a child. Then it may be mentioned once.

- Don't be the only one asking questions, and Don't be afraid to ask some weird ones.

- Do wear little make-up ladies.

- Do wear little perfume and cologne.

- Do offer to try each others plates but DON'T just invite yourself to someone else's plate, where were you born? in a barn!?

- Do actually listen to what someone is saying and offer input.

- If you have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all.

- Be honest and truthful. Its a fresh start and if he/she is here thus far, then being honest will not make them run away. In fact most people find it sexy as hell. Don't be too honest about somethings though. I don't REALLY need to know how often you use the bathroom kthnxbai.

- Don't talk about sexual fetishes, steer away from sexual conversations.

- Do bite your lip.

- And smile! come on! let me know you like me! or at least think I'm interesting!

- Don't be one of those people that refuses to try something because its foreign. I can't stand that "Ew no way I'm trying that it looks DISGUSTING!" oh yeah? well so does your face!

- Do not get drunk, as a matter of fact just stay away from the alcoholic beverages. It just looks bad if you 1. are drunk and 2. are driving home drunk.

- If the chemistry is overwhelming and totally filling the entire area you both in, then ignore this next "Do": Do ask if it is okay to kiss someone. I know thats totally cheesy but if I or you haven't made it obvious enough for either one, its better then me or you trying to lean in to kiss me and either one of us back away.

- Do people watch, it brings a closeness.

Most of all, just have fun. The worst that could happen is you make a new friend or the person is a total psycho and wants to watch you while you sleep. Laugh and make jokes, if it doesn't work out then just tell the other person, don't be one of those people that don't ever get back to the person. Unless the other person is the type of person that wants to watch you sleep. Back away from those.

SneEEk PeeEk of the shoot I did today:

2 comments:

  1. Do find out if some one smokes before the first date ;)

    Ariana Looks smoken in this photo! Great shoot! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks! and you're right! do find out if someone smokes! Always find out important information before meeting someone.

    ReplyDelete