emilyisasecret facebookemilyisasecret twitteremilyisasecret youtubeemilyisasecret flickremilyisasecret tumblremilyisasecret formspring

Friday, December 17, 2010

Starbucks is like starwars...

I went to the warehouse I'm going to be shooting at tomorrow. It looks like crap right now but we cleaned it out so that there is nothing there in the back. As I left there was a good luck charm that refused to leave... He is still hanging out there... :) 








When I was a kid I used to love the smell of my grandmas perfume, I then later realized that the reason it smelt that way was because it was 20 years old. All old perfume smells that way, eventually.

So it sparked an interest. When do the average things we use go bad? I used to think that it was just a sales pitch till my mascara would clump up around the same time every few months.

1. Perfume has an expiration date of 1-2 years. 
2. Mascara expires 2-3 months
3. Shampoo surprisingly lasts 2-3 years
4. Concealer lasts about a year
5. Lipstick lasts about 2 years
6. Nail polish lasts about 12 months
7. Bed pillows: about 2 years. why?
“Pillows house thousands of fungal spores which can trigger allergies and compromise a weakend immune system. Research shows that synthetic pillows held a greater amount of bacteria than feather pillows – one study found that synthetic pillows had as much as five times more dust-mite fecal matter than feather pillows.”
8. Mattress: 5-7 years
9. re-painting the room? about every 5 years
10. Clean your carpet every 18 months
11. Buy new underwear? every 6 months. 
12. Using bleach to clean your shower/tub about once or twice a week.
13. Facial cleanser? Expires in about a year. 

"A shitty boyfriend has an expiration date, it's called tomorrow!" 
-Hannah


1 comment:

  1. this is great! I think im gonna get some new pillows tomorrow.... haha!

    ReplyDelete