Monday, January 24, 2011
Welcome back to another edition of "Things you should know but don't because your electricity went out last night and your alarm reset and you woke up late and are in a frantic "holy shit I have to get to work mode"
- Randy jackson shed all of his good half of a decent person letting his inner Jerk fakeness shine. Oh the wonders of weight loss.
- How come people get away with "here say" all the time in the court of law but when it comes to celebrities, a total stranger listed under "a good source" can say "christina aguilera was caught trashed at a bar" and it be a totally reliable?
- Someone asked me once what kind of wedding ring I would like. I showed them a regular silver band. I was then told how plain it was. Who began the fad of promise/wedding rings having to have a diamond or some sort of gem on it? They are pretty but diamonds don't seem to be setting things in stone these days. In other words, I don't see people not getting divorced because they have a diamond, therefor what good is it?
- It's probably a bad idea to mention "diarrhea" in your first conversation with someone you find attractive.
- When I was in high school, I never experienced with drugs or sex. As a matter of fact I was more worried about missing dawsons creek or buffy the vampire slayer. Therefor the new MTV show "Skins" is fake. Maybe thats how people in the UK do it, but not here. Why is MTV even called MTV any more... it should be called Fake TV.
- If you have a choice guys (and girls) leave your hair long enough so we can run our fingers through it. Just sayin...
- I have a cousin. When we were little everyone used to make fun of him because of his glasses. Now everyone loves glasses. I wish I had bad vision just so I could wear them. Now if you wear glasses you have the advantage of buying at least 3 different pairs to make all kinds of outfits to go with them..
- I don't ask for much starbucks. Iced coffee with low fat milk and sweetened please. Can you just stop fucking shit up for me? Those are 3 very easy ingredients.. GOD!
- Everybody loves a red head
- I am convinced WebMD is there just to make you worry so much that you MUST see a doctor the next day. Has anyone ever gotten an answer from them that wasn't "you going to die in 7 days"?
- I think after a certain age old people should be tested every year for their drivers license.
- There is such thing as the "hedgehog's dilemma" which is defined as is an analogy about the challenges of human intimacy. It describes a situation in which a group of hedgehogs all seek to become close to one another in order to share their heat during cold weather. However, once accomplished, they cannot avoid hurting one another with their sharp quills. They must step away from one another. Though they all share the intention of a close reciprocal relationship, this may not occur for reasons which they cannot avoid.
Both Arthur Schopenhauer and Sigmund Freud have used this situation to describe what they feel is the state an individual will find themselves in relation to others. The hedgehog's dilemma suggests that despite goodwill, human intimacy cannot occur without substantial mutual harm, and what results is cautious behavior and weak relationships. With the hedgehog's dilemma one is recommended to use moderation in affairs with others both because of self-interest, as well as out of consideration for others. The hedgehog's dilemma is used to justify or explain introversion and isolationism.
- Also the "Madonna–whore complex" is a complex that often develops when the sufferer is raised by a cold and distant mother. Such a man will often court someone with qualities of his mother, hoping to fulfill a need for intimacy unmet in childhood. Often, the wife begins to be seen as mother to the husband—a "Madonna" figure—and thus not a possible object of sexual attraction. For this reason, in the mind of the sufferer, love and sex cannot be mixed, and the man is reluctant to have sexual relations with his wife, for that, he thinks subconsciously, would be incest. He will reserve sexuality for "bad" or "dirty" women, and will not develop "normal" feelings of love in these sexual relationships. This introduces a dilemma where a man may feel unable to love any woman who can satisfy him sexually and is unable to be sexually satisfied by any woman whom he can love.
- When you are saying "sorry" to someone, look them in the eye. Who looks in the opposite direction when trying to apologize?
We could also all learn something from this dude...