emilyisasecret facebookemilyisasecret twitteremilyisasecret youtubeemilyisasecret flickremilyisasecret tumblremilyisasecret formspring

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Are you kidding!? this is all about detail!




Last night a couple of my friends and I went to art walk in the miami district. 

I think every second saturday they open up a bunch of galleries. One of our clients was showcasing some work and I thought it would be neat to take a look. Even though I had my camera with me I did not take pictures of any art until towards the end out of respect. I am not quite sure what the etiquette is for galleries, some allow it some don't and because I don't want to tick anyone off, I just decided to not take any unless I saw someone take some first. 





This girl was cute as a button and dancing when no one was watching! creeper status #1? I has it. Sorry girl that I didn't get your name or tell you, you are blog famous. lol


For any of you who know me, know I have some cute sick addiction for FRIENDSWITHYOU toys. I originally thought they were based out of japan but come to find out they are actually based out of your very own Miami Florida! Please check out their store for cute things like vinyl toys and cute tee's 



Our Second exhibit was 101/exhibit  I saw a few familiar faces, but most of all I saw true art by
  Pat Rocha


"Since childhood, drawing and painting has always been an integral part of my life. It’s a constant reflection of my past experiences. My interest in human nature and the drama of living compels me what to paint. If the mood or moment is strong enough then people can draw their own conclusions. Sometimes real, sometimes imaginary.



Sometimes when I'm looking at an old photograph I'll stare at the person in the photo and imagine myself in the same room. It's impossible for me to paint a portrait without having a story to tell behind it. I simply couldn't pass the time away drawing people or places without meaning. When the story hits me after the initial drawing, I'll look for additional pictures to accommodate the central theme. Then it begins to take on a life of it's own.
There is a reason for everything in my paintings. Gradually I understand why I spend so much time alone with one painting. I never stop thinking as long as I keep painting, it's simply survival of the mind."


I mean is this not amazing!? Some times I see paintings like this and get SO jealous!








We then aimlessly walked around taking in all of the neat parts of Miami coming into one exhibit 





Most of Michael Katz work could only be viewed and fully appreciated with 3D glasses. That's right folks, 3D glasses! 

"My work, like this poem, is based on Natural Lines in Nature and Capturing things that we all see every day, but fail notice it. Just like in the poem, " What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare.

To have the viewer being drawn into the image as they get closer. For that brief moment in time, experience the images, have the images trigger memories of the past and present, feel that you want to reach out and touch it to communicate with the image and what it represents to the viewer. What story does the image tell you and how it makes you feel inside. 

To give the viewer a diverse sensory experience of Light, Shadow, Contrast and the use of soft, as well as vibrant, monochromatic colorings, having them Interpreting the image and how it relates to their own environment.

To give the viewer the ablility to feel as one with the images."






and yes... the best thing since sliced bread. 

Anyways, sundays entry is dedicated to all you lovely folks who made my night really interesting. Helping people like me really take a closer look at the daily things we take forgranted and seeing true beauty. 

1 comment:

  1. Aww I missed Art walk ! I went to a Broken Social Scene concert! awesome btw! hahaha <3 cool pics, loved the friends with you V-day giveaway! I saw your blog on Andytoonz fb page! (I answered your comment on my blog) :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete