emilyisasecret facebookemilyisasecret twitteremilyisasecret youtubeemilyisasecret flickremilyisasecret tumblremilyisasecret formspring

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ocho Placas Tattoo


 I am going to go ahead and tell you about some very special people here in South Florida. Yesterday, I took Hannah to get her first tattoo ever done by Javier Wolf Betancourt at ocho placas. I've been going to Ocho Placas for about 4 years now and it will probably always be the only tattoo shop I will ever go to because there is no reason ever to leave a good thing. After being severely scarred by a previous tattooer (who is no longer tattooing thank god!) I had been on a mission to find someone that was amazing and I told myself not to settle for less when by chance I had saw a girl in a store who had this extremely bright and beautiful tattoo done on her forearm. I had to ask who her tattooer was, who happen to be John Vale from Ocho Placas. I think that day I went to meet him and the rest is history. 


I read somewhere that you know you have a good artist when his portfolio is good and the person thats tattooing you is looking out for your best interest. After John pretty much blew me away with the first drawing he did for my upper back tattoo, I had completely forgotten to wear a top more fitting for where he was going to be tattooing. It was either take off my shirt and sit in my bra or come on another date when he handed me his sweater and told me to put in on backwards. Maybe its just the person I am, easily pleased with simple things but I thought that was the nicest thing someone could do for me. Also he was just a nice guy, soft spoken and approachable. I'll say this, he is the most gentlest tattooer I've ever had, and now that most of my friends have been tattooed by him as well, they all agree with me. I'll never leave him.

I have yet to be tattooed by Javier Betancourt but I still always refer people to him as well because my brother Matthew is pretty much in love with him and his style. So anyone that asks for something similar to what Matt likes, I always blurt out "Javi" not to mention Javi and I like the same music so thats  always a plus. Like John, he is soft spoken and personable. He's also easy to talk to. When you go to a tattoo shop you want to feel like you aren't just a costumer but apart of a group and Ocho Placas does that. Every time I go in there I never feel "out of the loop". 


















Anyways, this Sundays Special is for you guys! I hope you are having a wonderful day.
If you are thinking about getting tattooed in the miami area, please drop by Ocho Placas. You can reach John or Javi there at the shop and they will be more then happy to let you in on the family. 
and Join their Ocho Placas's group on facebook as well! 
Also, if you have gotten tattooed by one of these dudes, or someone else from the shop don't hesitate to give them awesome reviews on citysearch (which is for some reason named tattoo zone?) and Yelp!







9 comments:

  1. Way cool! Some extremely valid points! I appreciate you writing this article plus the rest of the site is really good.


    Feel free to surf to my web site: onurbridals.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was a point when I was single that I used to judge people I dated
    by whether they liked cats or not. The lead character of Dumm's strip was a male, whereas Messick's lead character was female.

    The news that you as a reporter tend to report must be based on
    fact. Assuming there is a God and assuming that the Bible is God's word and an historical record of His activities (and you won't hear
    anything to the contrary in church and from other formal Christian religious organisations) then the standard hype you hear, the standard image projected of God (and son)
    tends to be 'warm and fuzzy'. 8 At the dinner table always sit next to a member of the same sex,
    unless your host or hostess suggests otherwise, likewise in cafes
    and restaurants.

    Also visit my webpage; egyptian newspapers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still the health concerns mar the overall positive sides of this
    economic growth as people take their health problems as the cost of development which is indeed pretty higher.
    Comb the excess oil through the dampened hair, making sure to cover the ends of the hair.
    Black hair has a distinctive composition that makes it sensitive to breakage.
    When choosing a treatment for your own hair, pick something organically grown or natural as opposed to something fabricated.
    Many people use hair greases to keep their hair moisturized.



    Have a look at my weblog: hairstyles for women

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whether you are searching for specialty styling products or
    specific Loreal hair products, you are sure to
    find what you need. Before you go for them, try products at Keranique for hair care.
    When one thinks of fungus, they don't generally associate it with the head or scalp, but the itching, burning scalp, rash or pimples on the scalp could very well be caused by a fungus, requiring antifungal shampoo to provide well needed relief to the symptoms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To make things easier and help you make savings, various newspaper services have invented the scheme of Newspaper subscription deals.
    Some Local News papers/journals/ tabloids/Magazines focus on regional happenings and target local audiences/ readers.
    Information regarding different websites that contain large chunk of
    databases of unclaimed properties and money are also provided in different newspapers.
    Generally Tuyetkegel Blognic could be consisted
    of any types such as social, economic, political, art, cultural, terrorism, suicides,
    religious, health, technology, science, business, marketing, and disaster
    news. This also means that you trust those who have already used the products
    and know how they are used.

    Here is my website: click here

    ReplyDelete
  6. We stumbled over here from a different web address and thought I may as well check things out.
    I like what I see so i am just following you. Look forward
    to looking into your web page yet again.

    Look into my site ... www.liceosantabernardita.edu.co

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello there and thank you for your info – I have definitely picked up something new from right here.

    I did however expertise some technical issues using this website, since I experienced
    to reload the site many times previous to I could get it to load correctly.
    I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I'm complaining, but slow loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and could damage your quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my email and can look out for a lot more of your respective interesting content. Ensure that you update this again very soon.

    my webpage :: http://022.wikitalks.us/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This website was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I
    have found something which helped me. Cheers!

    Also visit my page: http://www.goldandgoldcoins.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dо you mind if I quоte a few of youг аrticles as long as Ι provide creԁіt and
    sources bacκ to your wеbsite? My blog
    іs in the exact same arеa of interest as yours and my usегѕ wοuld definitely benefit from a lot of the
    information you pгoνide hеre.

    Plеase let me knοω іf this alright with you.

    Thankѕ а lot!

    Here is my wеb site; diamondlinks review

    ReplyDelete