I read an article the other day that sparked my interest on the actual term soul mates.
The 10 Elements of a Soulmate:
1. It's something inside. Describing how a soulmate makes you feel is difficult. It's a tenacious, profound and lingering emotion which no words can encompass.
2. Flashbacks. If your partner is your soulmate, chances are he or she has been present in your past lives. Soulmates often choose to come back together during the same lifetime and scope each other out in the big world. You might suddenly and briefly experience flashbacks of your soulmate. You might even feel an odd sense of déjà vu, as if the moment in time has already taken place, perhaps a long time ago, perhaps in a different setting.
3. You just get each other. Ever met two people who finsh each other's sentences? Some people call that spending too much time together, but I call it a soulmate connection. You might experience this with your best friend or your mother, but it is the telltale sign of a soulmate when you experience it with your partner.
4. You fall in love with his (or her) flaws. No relationship is perfect, and even soulmate relationships will experience ups and downs. Still, that bond will be much harder to break. Soulmates have an easier time of accepting, even learning to love, each other's imperfections. Your relationship is more likely to be a soulmate match if you both love each other exactly as you each are, accepting both the great and awful tendencies we all have.
5. It's intense. A soulmate relationship may be more intense than normal relationships, in both good and sometimes bad ways. The most important thing is that, even during negative episodes, you're focused on resolving the problem and can see beyond the bad moment.
6. You two against the world. Soulmates often see their relationship as "us against the world." They feel so linked together that they're ready and willing to take on any feat of life, so long as they have their soulmate by their side. Soulmate relationships are founded on compromise and unity above all else.
7. You're mentally inseparable. Soulmates often have a mental connection similar to twins. They might pick up the phone to call each other at the exact same time. Though life may keep you apart at times, your minds will always be in tune if you are soulmates.
8. You feel secure and protected. Regardless of the gender of your partner, he or she should always make you feel secure and protected. This means that if you're a man, yes, your woman should make you feel protected, too! Your soulmate will make you feel like you have a guardian angel by your side. A person who plays on your insecurities, whether consciously or subconsciously, is not your soulmate.
9. You can't imagine your life without him (or her). A soulmate is not someone you can walk away from that easily. It is someone you can't imagine being without, a person you believe is worth sticking with and fighting for.
10. You look each other in the eye. Soulmates have a tendency to look into each other's eyes when speaking more often than ordinary couples. It comes naturally from the deep-seated connection between them. Looking a person in the eye when speaking denotes a high level of comfort and confidence.
It made me realize why I feel so drawn to Scott. [I did way more research guys.]
I spent a long time dating guys who never could step to the plate. Terrible people with terrible motives. Up until this point I've never been with someone that hasn't cheated on me. For some strange reason, no one wanted to admit we were even dating each other, which is where the name for this blog comes from. I was always someones secret.
Scott came out of no where. He held on to me so tightly. After our first kiss, I was done for.
I see other people in relationships, and though I am outside looking in, I am selfish in feeling no other relationship can come close to comparison. You look at your friends who say they’re in love and you think “no way… no way man…. not even close”
There is something I find so heroic about him. I feel like he saved my life. I feel like I stare at him all the time like he’s my hero.
I feel crazy and out of my mind but so whole and put together at the same time.
I tell people all the time that they deserve to be with that person they dream about because they exist 100%. You can think so hard and believe so much that that person just won’t ever come but I assure you, they will.
- Why are we so afraid of nice things? We can't ever just be content with a comfortable situation. If someone is nice, then they are "too nice" and instantly that's a turn off. I don't understand. Why wont you let yourself have that? Give yourself a chance to have a healthy relationship man.
- Evil comes in many shapes and sizes. Don't let it get you.