emilyisasecret facebookemilyisasecret twitteremilyisasecret youtubeemilyisasecret flickremilyisasecret tumblremilyisasecret formspring

Sunday, September 7, 2014

If you build it they will come





The majority of you guys know I've moved to Santa Rosa beach Florida to be with my fiancé Scott and peruse photography full time. Scott purchased an airstream trailer for us to renovate, and there will be posts on that soon. It feels like I've stepped up a notch in adult life.

An old boss of mine once told me that "Being nice wont get me anywhere. One day someone is going to come around, and being nice just wont cut it for them"

For the life of me I couldn't get on his level about that.

Some people will just feed you a bunch of bullshit and its up to you to pick and choose the right advice for yourself.

I don't know who shit in his cereal, but for me personally, being a nice person has gotten me much farther in my life than I ever anticipated.

And maybe people arent nice to you, maybe they're mean and upset but whos really the one thats going to leave this conversation feeling like a dick? Not you, you're always nice.

Being nice is winning.

Today I am living for myself (and scott)



I had to do a lot of convincing to do it, but I decided it's time for me to do that for myself.

I've spent a lot of time caring about everyone, and let me tell you, DO NOT let anyone ever say that that's wrong. There is nothing wrong with loving and caring about the people that surround you with positive energy. It is the least you can do for them and they deserve it.

I am a firm believer that you get what you give. If you want to be a lover, then you will be loved. You are the product of your own environment.






 




That is also why I never believed my old boss.

People also always told me to stop doing nice things for people. This was another thing I never stopped. Granted there were times when I didn't have money to give but I will always do what I can for someone.

This is just who I am, and you're gonna have to deal with it.

I enjoyed being that person. I knew that was a part of me that I was not willing to part with despite everyone elses instructions to do so. 

People are going to give you instructions about how to do things. Don't be stubborn. Really listen to what they're saying. You have to learn from everyone elses mistakes because you will wish you had years in time.

I would really like it if you stayed with me on this new journey of leveling up in life. I want to hear about your concerns, your "Things you should know" and I want to hear stories of success or love.

Please don't hesitate to comment, You might be featured on the blog! :)


2 comments:

  1. "You get what you give."
    Ain't that the truth. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While we may have not "hung" out as much as I would have liked to, the moments I shared with you were always refreshing. You were always caring and I appreciate you for that. I'm extremely happy about your future. I only wish you the best of luck. I hope our paths will cross again soon

    ReplyDelete